Complaint Process

Complaint Process for Out-of-State Distance Learners

WVU Parkersburg has policies and procedures in place to address and resolve student grievances in a fair and timely manner.

Like all WVU-P students, distance learners are advised to address grievances following the procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.

However, when an issue cannot be resolved internally, distance students residing outside of West Virginia may choose to file a complaint with his/her state regulatory body (see State Contact Information below).

If you live in a state that participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), you must file a complaint with West Virginia’s NC-SARA Portal Agency, the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission (WVHEPC), outlined below.

Complaint Process for Students Residing in NC-SARA States

Under terms of West Virginia University at Parkersburg’s agreement with NC-SARA, WVHEPC is required to investigate and resolve allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity by a provider, including the provision of false or misleading information. Additionally WVHEPC is required to investigate and resolve complaints that West Virginia University at Parkersburg is not following the practices set forth in the C-RAC guidelines. Before filing a complaint, a student must have sought internal resolution for the complaint.

Student complaints to the Commission regarding West Virginia degree-granting postsecondary institutions participating in SARA may be filed HERE.