•The West Virginia Center for Civic Life wants to invites you to a two-day Civic Life Institute on July 18 and 19, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., in the College Activities Center. During the event, you will learn how to facilitate discussions that consider different points of view, move from productive talk to effective action, connect with a network of West Virginians who are building these practices in their own communities and so much more! Radio journalist Trey Kay will also be the keynote speaker. Kay is host and producer of “Us & Them,” a podcast that tells the stories from all sides of the Culture Wars. For more information about the institute, click here or contact Jean Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-679-3970.
•The West Virginia University at Parkersburg Board of Governors will meet Thursday, June 13, 2019. The meeting will take place at 12 p.m. in Francis & Nina Phares Board Room (room 1300A) on the main campus. View the complete agenda here.
• WVU Parkersburg has a trial subscription to the Kanopy video streaming service. Kanopy is a video streaming platform for many universities with a broad collection of over 30,000 films from 1000 top producers such as Criterion Collection, Media Education Foundation, The Great Courses, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, First Run Features and more. Use the following to access Kanopy:
Trial Link: wvup.kanopy.com
Please contact Library Director Stephen Hupp at email@example.com or ext. 418 for additional information.
• WVU Parkersburg’s Community Education classes are fun and affordable learning opportunities provided by Workforce & Economic Development. Many are suitable for all ages, offered on evening and weekends, and you do not have to be a WVU Parkersburg student to register. May’s education courses include Golf for Beginners, American Heart Association First Aid and more! For more information, call 304-424-8383.
• Do you want Ricky the Riverhawk to make an appearance for your special event or meeting? If so, please complete the Ricky Request Form, which can be found at www.wvup.edu/forms or by clicking here. Please direct any questions to Michelle Nabers at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 209.
• Have the best summer ever with WVU Parkersburg’s teen academies (for ages 13 – 17)! Gain hands-on experience with various software and equipment while learning about the STEM field and possible careers with Teen Tech Academy (July 8 – 12). During Teen 3D Printing Academy (July 15- 18), students will have fun through creativity, be inspired by technology and problem solving and learn how to apply their new skills into the world! Students will take home their own Raspberry Pi computer and 3D printer respectively. Visit www.wvup.edu/community-ed for more information or to apply.
STUDENT CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
FACULTY & STAFF NEWS
WELCOME Austin Grimmett, our new Admissions Counselor in the Center for Student Services. He can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 277 or in office 1107.
WELCOME Jonah Fox, our new Program Specialist in the Professional Advising Center. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 616 or in office 1207.
• Join the Secret Pal program! The purpose of the program is to let fellow employees know that they are thought of and appreciated through a monthly gift exchange. Forms may be obtained from Pat Mollohan or David Shutts. Please return forms to Pat Mollohan no later than Friday, May 31. Call ext. 208 for more information.
CONGRATULATIONS Jolene Sink, on her promotion to Financial Aid Counselor. She can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 401 or in office 1107F.