• Are you eligible to graduate with your certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree in August 2021? If so, you must complete the graduation application through your OLSIS account by July 6, 2021. For more information, contact the Center for Student Services at 304-424-8310.
• The WVU Parkersburg Bookstore is currently hiring for a supervisor position. As a Bookstore supervisor, the employee will help run the textbook, general merchandise and convenience departments. For a full job description and to apply, please click here.
• Student Engagement Activities is looking to hire three student leadership positions, President/CEO, a Director of Intramurals and Sports and Director of Activities, to create fun activities for the whole campus community to enjoy. For job descriptions and how to apply, email Jeremy.Starkey@wvup.edu.
• Need institutional data for a project or report? Visit https://helpdesk.wvup.edu/open.php?topicId=54 to submit a request.
• The Professional Advising Center has moved from Room 1207 to Room 1332. The center is now located within the newly renovated Library area. The new entrance is located in the Student Lounge.
• The WVU Parkersburg Makerspace is now offering distance services! You provide the materials, information and necessary files, and we will make the project for you. The cost is $15 plus an Equipment Usage Fee which is determined before the start of the project. For more information or to get started, contact email@example.com or 304.420.8606.
• The Riverhawk Food Pantry is continuing to provide supplemental food assistance each week. Arrangements will be made for pick-up at the main campus or Jackson County Center. Case-by-case delivery options for those lacking transportation will be evaluated. Contact 304.588.0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
• Help304 is an online crisis counseling resource available to individuals who want social, emotional, and supportive counseling via call, text, and chat. Visit help304.com/contact to receive immediate help. Crisis counselors are available seven days a week.
• The Ebscohost username and password has recently changed. Please contact email@example.com for the updated credentials.
• Kurzweil Education is offering a text-to-speech for web content tool for students who need reading support. This tool will help students who use systems like Blackboard, Moodle and Canvas. Add the Read the Web extension (available for Chrome or Firefox) to your browser to have web content such as tweets or articles read aloud in 30 natural text-to-speech voices that read aloud in 17 languages and dialects. To download this extension, go to https://www.kurzweiledu.com/products/software-updates.html and look for the Chrome or Firefox Extension for Read the Web. For questions or help with accessing this tool, please contact the Center for Student Support Services at 304.424.8378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Do you want Ricky the Riverhawk to make an appearance for your special event or meeting? If so, please complete the Ricky Request Form, which can be found at www.wvup.edu/forms or by clicking here. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or ext. 247.
STUDENT CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
FACULTY & STAFF NEWS
Please join us in welcoming Mike Powell, Campus Service Worker.
Please join us in congratulating Tyler Hilbert, Admissions Counselor.
Please join us in congratulating Mick Williams, Financial Aid Counselor.
Please join us in congratulating Edward Whipkey to his new role, Financial Aid Counselor.
Please join us in welcoming Katie Finnerty, Program Assistant II (Tutoring Center).
Please join us in welcoming Jim Perry, Landscape Worker Lead.
Please join us in welcoming Brenda Phillips, Academic Lab Manager II
Please join us in welcoming Chris Birkhimer, Program Specialist (Education Division).