• WVU Parkersburg has once again been recognized for its support of veteran and military students by Military Times, ranking No. 8 on its annual “Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges” list.
• WVU Parkersburg has a trial subscription to the Kanopy video streaming service. Kanopy is a video streaming platform for many universities with a broad collection of over 30,000 films from 1000 top producers such as Criterion Collection, Media Education Foundation, The Great Courses, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, First Run Features and more. Use the following to access Kanopy:
Trial Link: wvup.kanopy.com
Please contact Library Director Stephen Hupp at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 418 for additional information.
• Do you want Ricky the Riverhawk to make an appearance for your special event or meeting? If so, please complete the Ricky Request Form, which can be found at www.wvup.edu/forms or by clicking here. Please direct any questions to email@example.com or ext. 247.
• WVU Parkersburg’s Surgical Technology program is hosting a Taco in a Bag fundraiser on Tuesday, Jan. 28, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., across from the Veterans Resource Center. Prices are as follows: Taco in a bag – $2.50; Two tacos in a bag with a drink combo – $5; Drink – $1. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Got talent? Audition! WVU Parkersburg’s Student Activities will host a college talent show that is open to students, faculty, staff and alumni. Can you sing, dance or perform a comedy act? Sign up for WVUP’s Got Talent auditions on Thursday, February 6 and choose a time from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. or 5 – 8 p.m. Make-up appointments can be scheduled for February 7 or 10 by contacting email@example.com.
STUDENT CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Are you interested in opportunities for service and leadership? If so, come to the Rotaract Club Interest meeting on January 29, at 12:20 p.m., in Room 3323, to learn more about being involved in launching a new student organization on campus. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Breakthrough Campus Ministries will meet the first and third Thursday every month throughout the semester, at 7:30 p.m., in room 2537 on main campus. Meeting dates: Feb. 6 and 20; March 5 and 19; April 2 and 16; and May 7. For more information, contact email@example.com.
FACULTY & STAFF NEWS
WELCOME to Adam Tumlin, our new Food Service Worker. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 313, or in the Cafeteria.
WELCOME to Chasity Davis, our new Food Service Worker. She can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 313, or or in the Cafeteria.
WELCOME to Teresa Walters, our new Food Service Lead Worker II. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 313, or or in the Cafeteria.
WELCOME to Mick Williams, our new Campus Service Worker. He can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 333, or in office 0104.
WELCOME to Amanda Butler, our new Campus Service Worker. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 333, or in office 0104.
WELCOME to Jimmy Delaney, our new Maintenance Worker I. He can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 333 or in office 0104.
WELCOME to Jake Frady, our new Accounting Assistant II. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 340 or in office 1110.