• Will you be eligible to graduate with your certificate, associate or bachelor’s degree this May? If so, you must complete the graduation application through your OLSIS account before Friday, March 11, 2022. For questions regarding the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-424-8310.
• The Bookstore is hiring temporary employees for spring. Click here to learn more or apply.
• Need institutional data for a project or report? Visit https://helpdesk.wvup.edu/open.php?topicId=54 to submit a request.
• The WVU Parkersburg Makerspace is now offering distance services! You provide the materials, information and necessary files, and we will make the project for you. The cost is $15 plus an Equipment Usage Fee which is determined before the start of the project. For more information or to get started, contact email@example.com or 304.420.8606.
• The Riverhawk Food Pantry is continuing to provide supplemental food assistance each week. Arrangements will be made for pick-up at the main campus or Jackson County Center. Case-by-case delivery options for those lacking transportation will be evaluated. Contact 304.588.0142 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
• Help304 is an online crisis counseling resource available to individuals who want social, emotional, and supportive counseling via call, text, and chat. Visit help304.com/contact to receive immediate help. Crisis counselors are available seven days a week.
• The Ebscohost username and password has recently changed. Please contact email@example.com for the updated credentials.
• Kurzweil Education is offering a text-to-speech for web content tool for students who need reading support. This tool will help students who use systems like Blackboard, Moodle and Canvas. Add the Read the Web extension (available for Chrome or Firefox) to your browser to have web content such as tweets or articles read aloud in 30 natural text-to-speech voices that read aloud in 17 languages and dialects. To download this extension, go to https://www.kurzweiledu.com/products/software-updates.html and look for the Chrome or Firefox Extension for Read the Web. For questions or help with accessing this tool, please contact the Center for Student Support Services at 304.424.8378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department is offering assistance on Tuesdays for individuals wishing to enroll for free or low-cost health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Call 1-844-WV-CARES or 304-356-5834 to schedule an appointment.
• Do you want Ricky the Riverhawk to make an appearance for your special event or meeting? If so, please email email@example.com or call ext. 247.
• Workforce & Economic Development is hosting the Teen CSI Academy, from June 6-9, 2022, on the main campus. Students ages 13-17 will be introduced to crime scenes, evidence processing and courtroom proceedings through a variety of hands-on activities. Activities include guest speakers, photography, fingerprinting, blood testing and more. For more information or to apply by May 31, click here. The cost is $150 per student, and a maximum of 20 students will be accepted.
STUDENT CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
• Vertical CMI will be hosting Bible study meetings with games and snacks. Meetings will take place on the following Mondays, from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., in Room 1318, on the main campus. Meeting Dates: Jan. 24, Feb. 7, Feb. 21, March 7, March 21, April 4 and April 18. For more information or updates, follow Vertical CMI on Instagram (@vertical_cmi). You can also contact Student Engagement Activities Coordinator Samantha Suggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACULTY & STAFF NEWS
Please join us in welcoming Dr. Jenny Waters, Director of Institutional Assessment.
Please join us in welcoming Scottie Dunbar, JCC Security Guard.
Please join us in welcoming Darren Pettus, Maintenance Worker I.
Please join us in welcoming Cyndi Dotson, Financial Aid Counselor.
Please join us in welcoming Brittany Huffman, Campus Service Worker.
Please join us in welcoming the following new employees.
Angie Burgy, Academic Lab Manager II (Health Sciences)
Abby Campbell, Administrative Assistant Senior
Teresa Stefanov, Accounting Assistant II
Jason Tanner, Academic Lab Manger II (STEM)