• The Center for Early Learning is currently looking for substitute teachers to join their team! If you, or someone you may know, is interested, please contact Angie Davis at 304-424-8311.
• WVU Parkersburg has a trial subscription to the Kanopy video streaming service. Kanopy is a video streaming platform for many universities with a broad collection of over 30,000 films from 1000 top producers such as Criterion Collection, Media Education Foundation, The Great Courses, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, First Run Features and more. Use the following to access Kanopy:
Trial Link: wvup.kanopy.com
Please contact Library Director Stephen Hupp at email@example.com or ext. 418 for additional information.
• WVU Parkersburg’s Community Education classes are fun and affordable learning opportunities provided by Workforce & Economic Development. Many are suitable for all ages, offered on evening and weekends, and you do not have to be a WVU Parkersburg student to register. May’s education courses include Golf for Beginners, American Heart Association First Aid and more! For more information, call 304-424-8383.
• Do you want Ricky the Riverhawk to make an appearance for your special event or meeting? If so, please complete the Ricky Request Form, which can be found at www.wvup.edu/forms or by clicking here. Please direct any questions to Michelle Nabers at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 209.
• Have the best summer ever with WVU Parkersburg’s teen academies (for ages 13 – 17)! Gain hands-on experience with various software and equipment while learning about the STEM field and possible careers with Teen Tech Academy (July 8 – 12). During Teen 3D Printing Academy (July 15- 18), students will have fun through creativity, be inspired by technology and problem solving and learn how to apply their new skills into the world! Students will take home their own Raspberry Pi computer and 3D printer respectively. Visit www.wvup.edu/community-ed for more information or to apply.
STUDENT CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
FACULTY & STAFF NEWS
WELCOME Jonah Fox, our new Program Specialist in the Professional Advising Center. He can be reached at email@example.com, ext. 616 or in office 1207.
• Join the Secret Pal program! The purpose of the program is to let fellow employees know that they are thought of and appreciated through a monthly gift exchange. Forms may be obtained from Pat Mollohan or David Shutts. Please return forms to Pat Mollohan no later than Friday, May 31. Call ext. 208 for more information.
CONGRATULATIONS Jolene Sink, on her promotion to Financial Aid Counselor. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 401 or in office 1107F.