As a part of the Riverhawk family, we will provide you the technology resources and services to ensure your success – no matter where the “office” may be. From connecting and collaborating with colleagues to serving our students in this time of need, we will make sure you have the knowledge and tools you need to get the work done.
IT has been visiting each office to determine staff that need laptops. Staff that are already assigned laptops will not be loaned additional devices. Staff will need to complete both an equipment loan and VPN agreement form if they have not already done so. JCC will be contacted to determine needs. IT will work with JCC staff to schedule setup and delivery for users needing equipment.
- – Staff can also request a laptop by emailing email@example.com or creating a ticket at helpdesk.wvup.edu/. IT will track all equipment loans in the online inventory system. Staff will return loaned equipment to IT upon return to normal work schedule.
- – Laptops will include the standard software configuration used on all WVU Parkersburg PCs (Windows 10 and Office 2019). Please let IT know of specific software needs ASAP.
- – For complex setup requirements, IT will recommend the use of remote desktop software. In this event, employees will be loaned a laptop that will be used to remotely access their normal work PC.
If you have any troubles working remotely, please submit a ticket at helpdesk.wvup.edu/.
As many of us begin our new normal of working from home, some may face technology challenges that make it difficult to clock in using MyTime. Attached, you will find an Excel file containing a timesheet that you may use to summarize your time worked and submit to your supervisor. Simply complete the form and email it to your supervisor.
- – Please be sure to check with your supervisor to see how often they would like you to report. Some may want this information daily so that they can keep up on time entry. Remember, it is very important to provide your supervisor with this information so that you can get paid for the time you work. Also, remember there are deadlines for providing this information that are not extendable so please don’t procrastinate in providing this information.
- – If you are able to log into MyTime remotely, please enter your time electronically.
Even though we may be separated, we will still rely on each other for team meetings and the continual flow of information. WVU Parkersburg’s recommended collaboration tools are Zoom for video conferencing, Google Shared Drive for filing sharing and Google Hangouts for instant messaging.