Let your child experience college, and gain a wealth of knowledge in a variety of subjects in this one- or four-week program. Your child can attend just one week or all four weeks of classes.
For children ages 8 – 12
- and many more
Need To Know Information:
- Maximum of 60 students per week
- Class sizes are limited and granted on a first come first serve basis (with payment)
- Payment must be received with registration, or we can not register the student.
- Registration Fee: $130
- Kids College Application
Basic Daily Schedule:
8:30 – 9 am Student Arrival
9:05 – 10 am Class Period One
10:15 – 11:15 am Class Period Two
11:30 am – 12:20 pm Lunch
12:20 – 1 pm Organized Physical Activity
1 – 1:55 pm Class Period Three
2:05 – 3 pm Class Period Four
3:15 – 3:45 pm Student Pickup
For More Information, Call 304-424-8383
For teens only, from ages 13 – 18. Registration deadline is Friday, July 20
July 30 – August 2, 2018 | 9 am – 4 pm | Class cost $150.00 (Covers all supplies, materials, and lunch each day.)
Teens will learn how to build and program a Raspberry Pi 3, and at the end of this class, it is theirs to keep! The anticipated trend for jobs in coding and cybersecurity is growing. Teens who attend will learn some-tech basics and have fun while finding out if these kinds of careers interest them.
Learning Topics Include:
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi computing and projects
- Introduction to Linux and Raspian OS
- Learning to Program with Python
- Game Design with Python
- Raspberry Pi – motionEYE
- General computer technology and security topics
What are Community Education Classes?
These classes are provided by West Virginia University at Parkersburg to offer you fun and affordable learning opportunities. Many of these classes are suitable for all ages, offered on evenings and weekends, and you don’t need to be a student of WVUP to register. Whether you want to learn a new hobby, or just have fun with friends, OUR Community Education classes are for YOU!
Can’t make it on campus for classes? Try ed2go!
Online classes through WVU Parkersburg’s Workforce & Economic Development are an easy, affordable way for you to get the training you need to take your career to the next level. We partner with national leaders in online education to offer a comprehensive library of practical, career enhancing classes available at your convenience. Our online classes are non-credit, and in many cases can lead to a professional certificate in a number of practical areas.
For more information:
Want to teach and earn $25 per hour?
Do you have a talent, skill or interest that you would like to share with others? We are now accepting applications for part-time instructors to teach Community Education classes in their area of expertise. Creative and innovative classes are encouraged.
Proposal Form: Click Here
Available Community Education Classes
|Community Education Class Policies|
- Registration is required for all Community Education Classes and should be made at least one week prior to the start of the class.
- There is a fee to enroll, but you will not receive an invoice until the class is filled.
- To register, please complete the Registration Form above and mail it to the address provided on the form or email it to ude.puvwnull@dew. You may also call 304-424-8383 with questions or to register.
- Students will receive their registration invoice at the email address they’ve provided.
- The registration fees must be paid at the WVU Parkersburg Business Office unless otherwise noted.
- Requests to withdraw from a class must be made at least two weeks (14 days) before the first day of class to receive a refund. If a student withdraws less than two weeks before the date a class starts, a refund will not be issued.
- If classes are canceled due to weather, they will be rescheduled.
Other Important Information
- If you need to have specific supplies or technology for a class, this information is provided in the class description. Please review these requirements before registering.
- WVUP retains the right to use photos taken during classes for marketing purposes.