Instructor: Tim Martin
Woodridge Golf Club
Maximum of 8 students per section
Classes begin August 6
Local golf enthusiasts can now tee off with golf classes offered by WVU Parkersburg. The Workforce and Community Education division of WVU Parkersburg has teamed up with Tim Martin, director of golf at Woodridge Golf Club in Mineral Wells, W.Va. to offer beginner and intermediate classes.
Golf for Beginners (32 hours)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
This course emphasizes the fundamentals needed to practice and play the game of golf .
- Demonstrate basic golf skills
- Learn golf etiquette, and terminology
- Apply knowledge of these rules
- Utilize basic strategy in a game
- Follow safety aspects during a game situation
- Participate in a game situation
Intermediate Golf (32 hours)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
This course is designed to advance your fundamental golf skills. Topics include and.
- Introduction to course management
- Long and short game refinement;
- Perform the basic golf shots in the short, middle and long irons
- The student should be able to hit a fairway wood and a tee shot