Beginning Monday, May 19, West Virginia University at Parkersburg will return to the Summer Scheduling Program. The college will extend its daily public hours to 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Some offices, such as the non-traditional studies office, will be open until 7 p.m. All college locations, including the Jackson County Center in Ripley, will be closed Friday through Sunday for the duration of summer.
The summer schedule was first implemented last year. The extended morning and evening hours helped WVU Parkersburg better serve working students. In addition, with the implementation of the new schedule, the college saw 10 percent, or $1,500 to $2,000, in savings from weekly utility costs; depending on the weather and other factors.
“The introduction of the summer schedule was a great success last year,” said WVU Parkersburg President Dr. Marie Foster Gnage. “Our students were provided increased opportunities to visit campus after work or receive one-on-one assistance at numerous college divisions, thanks to the extended hours of operation.”
The temporary summer schedule will run through Saturday, Aug. 2 with normal hours resuming the following Monday. Fall 2014 courses will begin Monday, Aug. 18.
Monday through Thursday summer hours for the various college divisions will be as follows:
- Library – 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Student Success Center (tutoring) – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- START Center – 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Center for Teaching and Technology – 7 a.m. – 5p.m.
- Welcome Center – Monday & Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Tuesday & Wednesday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Financial Aid – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Records – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Disability/Counseling – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Business Office – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Information Technology (IT)
- IT Staff – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Help Desk – 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Information Desk – 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Print Shop – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Human Resources – 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Workforce and Community Education – 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Questions can be directed to the college’s main information line at 304.424.8000.