Title: #VII-7. Procedure for Hospitality Services
Hospitality service is defined as food, non-alcoholic beverages and related expenses for the reception of guests who are hosted by WVU at Parkersburg. Employee functions are not considered hospitality functions.
The Request for Hospitality Service form provided by the State Travel Management Office is available under “Forms” on the WVU at Parkersburg Intranet. The Hospitality form must be submitted to the President of the college for approval of estimated expenses prior to the hospitality function. The President is the only one who may approve the Hospitality form.
When hospitality for the college’s guest(s) occurs away from campus, the employee serving as host may be reimbursed for authorized hospitality expenses by submitting to the Purchasing Department a Vendor’s Invoice with an itemized receipt, the approved Hospitality Form, and list of attendees.
Hospitality services requested for on campus catering should be arranged through AVI Food Services using the following procedures:
1. When requiring catering service, the requestor sends an e-mail to the AVI Service Manager at Jeff.Matics@mail.wvu.edu with the following information:
· Date, time, and location of service
· Type of meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, reception)
· Preferred menu
· Total number of persons attending
· Budget code to charge the catering service to
2. The AVI Service Manager will send confirmation back to the originator, with the estimated cost for the catering.
3. The originator should immediately submit the Hospitality Form to the President of the college for approval.
4. Following the approval of the form, it will be returned to the originator.
5. Once a week, AVI will charge invoice amounts to the Purchasing P-Card and mail original invoices to each originator and a copy of all the invoices to the Purchasing P-Card holder.
6. Within four business days, the originator must:
· Sign and date the invoice;
· Verify the correct budget code is on the invoice;
· Attach to the original invoice the approved Hospitality Form and a list of attendees;
· Return the above package to the Purchasing Department.
7. Once the Purchasing Department receives this package it will verify the accuracy of the paperwork and file for recordkeeping and audit purposes.