Title:†† #VII-5.† Grant Seeking Guidelines
Faculty and staff are encouraged to pursue grant funding for college programs and activities consistent with the stated mission and strategic plan of WVU at Parkersburg.† Grant proposals must be tracked to ensure all development efforts are complementary and supportive of the goals and objectives of the college.† A centralized record of grant-seeking is an important tool in the institutionís overall funding plans and may help to maximize grant seeking efforts.
No person shall commit to institutional match or sustaining a project or program on behalf of the college without authorization by the President and/or Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Guidelines for Grant Development
1. Grant seeker/project coordinator completes the online Grant Routing Form outlining the ideas for the grant and any assistance and/or information needed for the development of the proposal or application.
2. Grant seeker/project coordinator routes a copy of the Grant Routing Form to the appropriate supervisor, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and President (when applicable) for approval.
3. Upon approval, grant seeker/project coordinator completes the grant proposal or application.
4. Grant seeker/project coordinator shall obtain the Presidentís signature on grant applications that require an authorized signature for WVU at Parkersburg.
5. Grant seeker/project coordinator submits the grant proposal or application to the awarding agency.
6. Grant seeker/project coordinator attaches a copy of the final grant proposal or application to the signed Grant Routing Form and submits to the Grants Writer for recordkeeping purposes.
Reporting Grant Notices
The grant seeker/project coordinator shall provide copies of the notice of grant award to the Chief Financial Officer and the Grants Writer.† If a check accompanied the award, it must be deposited in the Business Office.† The Business Office will set up an account from which the funds will be drawn. The grant seeker/project coordinator shall arrange for the Business Office to invoice the WVU at Parkersburg Foundation, Inc., for any funds received on behalf of the college by the Foundation from private sources and arrange for the funds to be deposited in the proper college account.
The grant seeker/project coordinator shall provide a copy of a notice of rejection to the Grants Writer.
The grant recipient/project coordinator follows through with any additional requirements or information requested by the funder, carefully following any deadlines that are given. Once the funds are deposited in the appropriate account, the grant recipient/project coordinator may spend the funds according to the guidelines set forth in the grant.†
The grant recipient/project coordinator sends a thank-you letter to the funder. Consider photo opportunities and/or news coverage of the grant implementation, as they may be valuable to include with the thank-you letter or with the evaluation report usually done at the end of the grant period.