Title: #V-16. Class Attendance
2. Faculty are expected to publish expectations relating to class attendance and to make specific reference to these expectations in all of their classes.
3. Students must understand that final course grades can be adversely affected by a record of excessive absences on the part of a student. Such a record of absence from class may result in a student's receiving a course grade of F or FIW.
4. "Excessive absences" is defined as any number of absences that exceeds the number of class meetings that are scheduled in one week. This definition applies to courses offered in a traditional format.
5. “Excessive absences” is defined for an Alternative Delivery System (ADS) course as being absent from more than one scheduled class meeting.
6. Faculty should report any record of excessive absences through the campus Early Alert System. Student Services will follow-up on the report and respond to the faculty member.