Title: #I-3. Goals and Purposes of WVU at
In support of its philosophy and to
accomplish its mission,
· Foster high academic standards to achieve excellence in all courses and programs.
· Identify higher education needs and develop appropriate community-based courses and programs to meet varied educational goals of residents.
· Provide developmental education to facilitate access to higher education opportunities.
and sustain maximum practical transferability of courses to
· Provide comprehensive and efficient instructional support services.
· Provide a relevant comprehensive student services system to assure student success in attaining education goals and individual potentials.
· Advance the development and delivery of customized training and services to area business and industry in support of economic development.
in the achievement of the comprehensive statewide mission of
· Maintain a regular and on-going evaluation of academic and institutional effectiveness.
· Conduct a comprehensive long-range planning process.
appropriate educational opportunities available through the
· Cultivate development of human and fiscal resources to effectively support achievement of college mission.
· Offer opportunities for cultural, intellectual and personal enrichment.
· Promote public awareness of the college, its programs, personnel and potential services to the community.
· Maintain an atmosphere of cooperation and trust that allows opportunities for personal growth and self-fulfillment by the college community.