The National Association of Community College Teacher Education Programs (NACCTEP) has selected Dr. Cynthia Gissy of West Virginia University at Parkersburg to be its new ambassador for the Mid-Atlantic region. The NACCTEP Board implemented the ambassador program with the goal to provide guidance and assistance to all members who may not have immediate access to a Board member. The program objectives are to:
- To develop leaders on a national level with a significant role coordinating regional representation.
- To increase communication with selected states in an assigned region.
- To unite and communicate with selected member states to encourage participation in NACCTEP at the national and local levels.
- To provide a communication link between Board members and member states.
- To recruit and retain members in an assigned region.
- To mentor future executive Board candidates.
- To support NACCTEP during the annual national conference.
Gissy is chair of the education and humanities division at WVU Parkersburg. She holds a bachelor of arts in elementary education, a master of arts in curriculum and instruction and a doctorate of education from West Virginia University. Ed.D. She has worked at WVU Parkersburg since 1998.