Occupational Development A.A.S.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg offers the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Occupational Development, a state-wide program involving various colleges within the West Virginia Higher Education structure and the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, in Charleston. It is available only to people who are already taking training or have taken training in one of the state’s apprenticeship programs that are approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training.
Currently Approved Training Agreements:
Labor Unions and Organizations that have training agreements with the college:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 968, Parkersburg
- Millwright, Local 1755, Parkersburg
- Parkersburg Fire Department, Parkersburg
- Plumbers and Steamfitters, Local 565, Parkersburg
- Sheet Metal Workers, Local 33, Parkersburg
- Boilermakers, Local 667, Parkersburg
- Operating Engineers, Local 132, Parkersburg
- Plumbers and Pipefitters, Local 168, Parkersburg
- MARCC (seven unions) – WV Carpenters Joiners of America Training Center (JATC):
- Local 302-Huntington
- Local 476 – Bridgeport
- Local 604 – Morgantown
- Local 899 – Parkersburg
- Local 1159 – Point Pleasant
- Local 1207 – Charleston
- Local 1911 – Beckley
- WV Apprenticeship For Child Development Specialist training Program
- Simonton Windows Inc. Industrial Maintenance/Machine Repair
- American Electric Power (AEP) program –
*These hours may vary depending on the agreement between the apprenticeship training program and West Virginia University at Parkersburg.
For More information, please contact the Non-Traditional Programs Office.
- Financial Aid
- Admission into WVU-Parkersburg
- RBA Area of Emphasis
- Program Evaluations
- Academic Calendars
- Contact Us