Non-traditional students have different needs and different goals. Balancing family, work, and college can be difficult. West Virginia University at Parkersburg offers affordable options to fit into your life and schedule.
|Degree Completion & Extended Learning Office Hours|
|Monday – Friday||8 am – 7 pm|
|Summer Sessions: Monday – Thursday||7 am – 7 pm|
|Feel free to stop by for advising and assistance during office hours.|
Complete to Compete – Click Here for More Information
Regents Bachelor of Arts
If you are at least 23 years old and have an associate degree or some college, this may be the degree for you. This degree builds on the Board of Governors Associate in Applied Science degree and allows for life experience credit.
Board of Governors A.A.S.
If you have attended college in the past but never earned a degree, this flexible program can put a degree within reach. This is a flexible degree that offers an opportunity to transform life experience into college credit.
Workforce & Economic Development
Occupational Development A.A.S.
Labor union members go through an intense apprenticeship program as part of their training. WVU-Parkersburg offers many of the local unions a chance to combine the apprenticeship with general education courses for an Associate in Applied Science in Occupational Development. Contact 304.424.8383 to set up an appointment.
Technical Studies A.A.S.
Similar to the Occupational Development Degree, the Technical Studies Degree brings together technical school learning and general education requirements. Learning that takes place outside of the college complements courses taken at WVU-Parkersburg to establish this degree. Contact 304.424.8383 to set up an appointment.
Degree Completion & Extended Learning Quick News:
Changes to RBA program
*** EFFECTIVE MAY 2015, PHILOSOPHY CLASSES WILL NOW COUNT TOWARDS HUMANITIES OR SOCIAL SCIENCE GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS. ***
Graduation Application Deadline
Below are the online procedures to apply for graduation online:
1. Log in to your OLSIS account
2. Select “Student Records”
3. Click “Apply for Graduation” link
4. Click “Submit” (Do not select the term in which you are graduating)
5. Select curriculum
6. Select graduation date
7. Answer ceremony attendance question
8. Confirm your name
9. Confirm graduation date, ceremony attendance, and current program
10. Submit request
You can now view the graduation application to verify accuracy of information.
Important Notes to Degree Completion & Extended Learning Students
· Registration for the summer and fall 2016 terms begins April 4. The summer and fall schedules are available online at http://www.wvup.edu/current-students/academics/course-schedules.
· Academic calendars for the summer and fall terms can be found here: http://www.wvup.edu/current-students/academics/academic-calendars/. The calendars are a wealth of information at your fingertips regarding summer and fall 2016 deadlines. If you prefer to link to our Google Calendar, click here: WVUP School Calendar.
· When it’s time to register for summer and/or fall classes and you need your PIN released, call our office at 304.424.8000; email us at email@example.com; or schedule an advising appointment online at http://www.wvup.edu/future-students/non-traditional-programs/advising.
· If you are a current Regents Bachelor of Arts student and do not have an Associate degree. Good news! You may qualify to graduate with a Board of Governors AAS degree and not even know it. Contact the Degree Completion and Extended Learning office to schedule an appointment, and we will put together an evaluation to determine how close you may be. It’s as simple as that.
· Our summer office hours are Monday through Friday 8am – 7pm. We are located in Room 1207.
· Congratulations to our 75 Degree Completion and Extended Learning December 2015 graduates. We wish them much success and have enjoyed helping them achieve their academic goals.