Date(s) - 08/22/2017
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Workforce and Economic Development Division of WVU at Parkersburg will be offering a Phlebotomy course, which will prepare students to sit for the National Phlebotomy Exam.
A combination of classroom and clinical training will take place August 22 to January 16, 2018. These classes will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
Students will spend 133 hours learning the skills and processes required for collecting blood specimens for laboratory analysis. They will become familiar with all aspects of blood collection and develop comprehensive skills to perform venipunctures completely and safely.
There is an external clinical rotation for this program requiring scrub attire, immunizations, and background check (see below).
Course Cost: $2,000
• Textbook: “Phlebotomy Essentials 6th Edition” ISBN 978-1-4511-9452-4
• Textbook: “Phlebotomy Essentials-Student Workbook” ISBN 978-1-4511-9453-1
• Textbook: “Phlebotomy Exam Review” ISBN 978-1-60831-120-0
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Current immunizations and flu shot – cost can range from $10 to $350
• Criminal background check – cost can range from $5 to $25
• Three pairs of Scrubs – cost can range from $15 to $50 each
• Parking Permit – $25
For questions, please contact ude.puvwnull@noseeL.ahtraM or 304-424-8275.