Veterans at WVU Parkersburg
West Virginia University at Parkersburg recognizes the service our veteran students have given to our country and the sacrifices made in the process. It is our goal to provide a learning environment that conveys the college’s appreciation and offers the tools and services necessary for veterans to succeed. Over 200 veterans and veteran dependents are currently taking advantage of the many degree certificates, associate and bachelor degrees, and other classes and programs to further their education at WVU Parkersburg.
We offer students personal attention, flexible classes and a quality education with one of the nation’s most affordable tuition rates.
WVU Parkersburg Veterans Services
The Following forms may be scanned and emailed to ude.puvwnull@yfitrecav, faxed to 304.424.8350, or dropped off at the Veterans Resource Center or the Financial Aid Office between the hours of 8a.m. and 4p.m. Monday through Friday. If the office is closed, there is a secure dropbox located outside of the Financial Aid Office.
- 22-1995 - Request for change of program or place of training
- 22-5495 - Request for change of program or place of training (for dependents under provisions of Chapters 33 and 35)
- 22-1990- Application for VA Education Benefits
- 22-5490- Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits
- 22-1990e- Application for Family Member to use Transferred Benefits
- 28-1900 Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation
To verify attendance on the WAVE, please visit gibill.va.gov
You can find more information and apply for VA Benefits at gibill.va.gov. Forms completed on this site will be electronically submitted to the VA Regional Office.
VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Lious, MO 63166-6830
- GI Bill
- WV Dept of VA
- WV Office of Veterans Education & Training Programs
- Veterans Upward Bound
- U.S. Service-member’s Guide to Academic Programs and Aid
- WVU Parkersburg Financial Aid Office
Military Leave Policy
Title: #VI-1. Students Called to Active Military Duty
Date: June 18, 2002
In accordance with WV Code 15-1f-1a and on the basis of University policy published in the West Virginia University Undergraduate Catalog, the following policy is hereby in effect for the campus of West Virginia University at Parkersburg:
- Upon notification of a student that he or she is called to active duty before the end of the first three quarters of the semester, the student will be granted a full refund of refundable fees (but no course credit).
- Upon notification from the student that he or she is called to active duty after the “three-quarters” date, WVU at Parkersburg will award full credit (with assigned letter grade or “P”) for courses in which the student is enrolled provided the student has passing grades at the time of departure. If the student does not have a passing grade at the time of departure, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the respective course(s) and issued a refund (of refundable fees).
- Upon re-enrollment, the student’s educational status, financial aid eligibility, or other benefits will not be adversely affected by the military leave of absence. Current federal and state regulations will apply.
If you have a question about VA Educational assistance, please contact the WVU Parkersburg Veterans Advocate at 304.424.8337 or fill out our contact form below.