West Virginia University at Parkersburg’s Center for Early Learning is a one of a kind Child Development Center which focuses on the arts, literacy, culture and technology to teach children in modes beyond the traditional classroom environment. The center is fully licensed by the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Children and Families. The center is also pleased to announce that it is a Tier II center which means it meets higher standards than licensing in the areas of Program Management, Health, Safety and Nutrition, Child Growth and Development, Positive Interactions and Relationships, Curriculum, Child Observation and Assessment, Family and Community, and Professionalism. The center is under the direction of a full time, fully certified professional director and is staffed by trained personnel.
The center is designed to meet the needs of WVU at Parkersburg student-parents while they attend classes on campus or online. This service is also available to WVU-P employees and the surrounding community. Full time care is preferred but part time care will be considered.
What ages are accepted?
The center is licensed for ages 13 months to 5 years (Full Time) | 2 years-8 years (Drop In)
What activities are featured?
Children will engage in activities which:
- Introduce positive social interaction concepts
- Enable them to develop positive self-concepts
- Encourage self-reliance
- Foster creativity
- Develop language and communication skills
- Foster cooperation and self-control
- Develop conceptual development
- Enhance conceptual development
- Allow them to grow mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially
What are the costs?
|Toddler 1 (13mo-24mo)
Toddler 2 (24mo-36mo)
|Over 20 hours (full time)||$145||$160|
|Preschool (3,4,5 years old)||Student Rates
|Over 20 hours (full time)||$130||$155|
|Drop in care
Ages 2 and up
4 hours max per day
|$5 per hour||$5 per hour|
|School Age Summer Care|
|$100 per week|
Above pricing is per child and includes breakfast, lunch and snack.
We accept payment through WVDHHR for child care subsidy and have grants available for those that qualify.
- TUITION IS DUE BY 4:00PM ON MONDAY
- Staff and Faculty receive the student rates
- 10% family discount for two or more children
- $50 nonrefundable registration fee for community (payable at the time of enrollment)
- $25 nonrefundable registration fee for students/staff (payable at the time of enrollment)
What are the hours?
The Center is open both day and evening, during the fall and spring semester, while regular college classes are in session. Following the WVU at Parkersburg calendar, fall and spring semesters’ hours are:
Monday-Thursday: 7am – 7pm
Friday: 7am – 4pm
Monday-Thursday: 7am – 6pm
Friday: 7am – 4pm
The college reserves the right to reduce operating hours because of insufficient enrollment.
How do I enroll my child?
- Registration is accepted on a first come basis for up to 45 children.
- It is recommended that you visit the center and take a tour before registering your child.
- Parents must completely fill out all of the required paperwork.
- Registration fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- Parents must read and follow the Parent Handbook.
- A copy of the child’s immunizations must be presented at the time of registration.
- Parents will submit credit card or banking information at the time of registration.
What if I only need care for a couple of hours?
If you are needing child care for a few hours a day to attend class, study, do homework, etc. We now offer a drop in room to meet your needs.
- Child must be 2 years of age or older.
- Care cannot exceed 4 hours at one time.
- Fee is $5 per hour payable at the time of service.
- All necessary paperwork must be filled out before drop off.
- Meals/snacks must be provided by the parent.
For additional information, contact:
Center for Early Learning
West Virginia University at Parkersburg
300 Campus Drive
Parkersburg, WV 26104-8647