Want college credit while getting a paycheck? Co-op students earn college credit, work experience, and wages all at the same time. Working under the supervision of college faculty and employers, eligible students earn college credit while working at jobs that are related to their college majors and career goals. To see if you qualify a Co-op Registration Form and an official job description will need to be submitted to the Career Services office.
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the cooperative education program.
- The student’s job description must relate to the major they are pursuing.
- Students must be currently enrolled and actively pursuing a certificate or degree.
- Students must have completed a minimum of twelve credit hours at West Virginia University at Parkersburg.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average.
- Students must consult their advisor prior to determine how cooperative education fits into their curriculum.
- If currently employed, the student’s supervisor must agree to participate in the program.
- Students must complete an Application for Cooperative Education.
- Students must submit an electronic job description to the Office of Career Services and Cooperative Education
- Email your job description to ude.puvwnull@secivresreerac.
- Title your document: [Last Name, First Name] Co-op Job Description
- Subject line: [Last Name, First Name] Co-op Job Description
If you need assistance contact: