Employers and supervisors of co-op students provide a partnership in the education of our students.
Benefits to Employers
- Provides a source of highly skilled, partially trained employees
- Affords an opportunity to screen prospective permanent employees
- Provides a channel for active participation in the education process
- Assists in retraining current employees
The requirements of the participating employers are to:
- Provide a work experience directly related to students’ program of study
- Provide a safe working environment
- Provide appropriate supervision and training
- Evaluate students’ performance and discuss with students and faculty supervisors.