Welcome to the Home Page
of the WVU Parkersburg Curriculum Committee,
Please let Curriculum Committee Chair, Craig Rabatin, hear from you on suggestions for making this even more useful for you.
Members of the Curriculum Committee for Academic Year 2009-10 include:
The following forms should be completed and submitted as part of the package for proposing a new course, making substantive changes to an existing course, or making minor changes to an existing course.
Minor changes would include: Changing prerequisites for the course, renumbering the course, or renaming an existing course.
To open the forms, click on the title below. Or, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she will e-mail the form to you.
Curriculum Committee Procedure
2. A signed paper copy is submitted to the Academic Affairs office (Michelle Bissell) at least a week before the curriculum committee’s posted meeting date.
3. The copies are forwarded to the curriculum committee.
4. The committee votes on the proposal.
A. If the proposal is approved, the committee chair signs the paper copy and returns it with the curriculum tracking sheet to the Academic Affairs office.
B. If the proposal is deemed to need work, the chair or an assigned member of the curriculum committee will contact the appropriate division chair regarding revisions.
5. The Senior Vice President makes a recommendation on the proposal.
A. If the proposal is approved, the Senior Vice President signs the paper copy and forwards it to the president for final approval.
B. If the proposal is deemed to need work, the Senior Vice President will contact the appropriate division chair regarding revisions.
6. The President renders a decision on the proposal.
7. The Academic Affairs Office Administrator forwards the new courses and/or other curriculum changes to the Records Office, Student Services, and Institutional Advancement.
For information, call extension 242.