WVU Parkersburg’s Engineering Technology programs offer many challenges and rewards for technically-minded students who want to develop a career as an electronics technician, field engineer, laboratory technician, circuit/system designer or maintenance technician and other related fields.
Graduates will be prepared to solve problems and make calculations in their specialty fields and possess the necessary entry skills required by the majority of industrial and technical employers.
Why Engineering Technology at WVU Parkersburg?
The Engineering Technology program at WVU Parkersburg offers a number of unique opportunities for technically-minded students with strong background in math and physical science. These include:
- A pathway progressing from the Associate of Applied Science into the Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) in Supervisory Management
- Academic training and hands-on experience in an engineering setting
Examples of potential career positions include:
- Industrial Technician
- Medical equipment service technician
- Power generation technician
- Communication installer and repairer
Average annual salary is $61,173 and can range between $30,000 and $90,000 according to the U.S. Department of Labor.