Submit Third-Party Comment
Higher Learning Commission Reaffirmation
WVU at Parkersburg is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a commission of the North Central Association. First accredited in 1971, WVU at Parkersburg was last accredited in 2004, and the next reaffirmation of accreditation visit is April 28 and 29, 2014. A team of peer reviewers from colleges around the country will assemble on the WVU Parkersburg campus during that time. Before their visit to campus, the public is invited to provide confidential comments to the peer reviewers.
- As part of the reaffirmation of accreditation, WVU at Parkersburg must provide assurances and evidence of meeting five criterions as follows:
- Criterion 1: The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion 2: The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion 3: The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion 4: The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion 5: The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
Comments and feedback from the community are welcomed and add value to the reaffirmation process. Please click the link below to submit your comments to the Higher Learning Commission. All comments are confidential to the Higher Learning Commission.
Third-Party Comment on an Upcoming Visit
As part of its ongoing effort to make the accreditation process responsive to a broad range of constituents, the Commission has integrated the federally required third-party comment process into its regular accrediting processes.
Since the 1997–1998 academic year, the Commission has required institutions undergoing comprehensive evaluation (initial or continued candidacy or accreditation) to publish basic information about the visit in appropriate publications and invite the public to provide written comments to the Commission.
To view WVU Parkersburg’s profile on the Directory of HLC Institutions, please visit the link below.
To submit a third-party comment, please visit the link below. Comments must be submitted by March 31, 2014.