Our Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business Technology program can be completed entirely online, or students can take the initial gen ed courses in person and transition into the online business technology courses.
Why Business Technology?
West Virginia University at Parkersburg’s Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business Technology is a comprehensive program emphasizing the integration of competency skills and problem-solving applications necessary in modern business operations: information technology, communications and critical thinking. The program provides learning opportunities to introduce, develop and reinforce academic and technology skills and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention and advancement in the 21st Century.
Careers within Business Technology provide job opportunities in a variety of business career positions. According to the United States Bureau of Labor and Statistics (www.bsl.org) Business Technology will remain steady on wage and salary jobs between 2008 and 2018. Careers in Business Technology can be exciting, rewarding, and offer a lifetime of fulfillment.
Why Business Technology at WVU Parkersburg?
- Curriculum is infused with the latest technology to educate future skilled business technology employees of tomorrow.
- Business Technology certificates and degrees at WVU Parkersburg focus on reinforcing academic, business and technology skills and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention and advancement in the 21st Century.
- Business Technology students use the latest technology.
- Faculty and staff are dedicated and committed to excellence in business technology education. In addition to degree advancement, faculty participate in local, state and national conferences, as well as, independent studies. We believe in “Quality Matters.”
- Business Technology offers college-credit courses through several instructional methods, including online, alternative delivery, blended learning and face-to-face course delivery.
Online Program Physical Presence Requirements
This online degree program has the following face-to-face requirement:
- Proctored Major Field Test
WVU at Parkersburg is authorized to offer this online degree to students residing in the following states. If your home state is not listed, please contact ude.puvwnull@enilno to inquire about enrolling:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming