The Bachelor of Applied Science in Supervisory Management (BASSM) at WVU Parkersburg is an online degree program for Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) graduates who want to pursue a four-year managerial degree.
This program is an excellent choice for A.A.S. graduates who are interested in pursuing a career as a first-line supervisor in managerial accounting, process and quality management, or strategic management.
The degree is versatile. Coursework can be completed online any time of the day, from wherever students choose, and graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of businesses and industries.
Upon graduation, students will be ready to apply current business concepts in real-world scenarios and communicate effectively and professionally within the context of the modern business world.
While the program was designed to provide WVU Parkersburg A.A.S graduates a focused concentration in management, graduates of any A.A.S. degree through a West Virginia Community and Technical College are qualified to apply.
Admission to BASSM Degree Program
To be admitted into the Bachelor of Applied Science with a major in Supervisory Management degree you must complete the following steps:
- • Meet all of the General Admission or Transfer Admission requirements to West Virginia University at Parkersburg
- • Earn an Associate of Science degree from an accredited college or university (Provisional admission may be granted under certain circumstances)
- • Maintain a minimum grade point average for all courses transferred to or completed at West Virginia University at Parkersburg
You can download and fill out the Application for admission to the BASSM degree here or stop by the Office of the Division of Business, Accounting, and Public Service to pick up an application. Plan to apply for admission to the bachelors during your last semester of the Associate Degree.
Transfer of Credits
If you attended another college, you might be able to transfer credits from college-level courses completed at other institutions with the following information:
- • All BASSM degree program students must complete at least 32 hours of credits in residency at WVU at Parkersburg, regardless of the number of course credits transferred.
- • Students with approved transfer credits must complete at least 39 credit hours of upper division business courses (numbered 300 and above), including all required major concentration courses. No credit is awarded for senior-level courses completed at a two-year institution.
- • Lower-level division credits that are now upper-division credits that were completed at Parkersburg Community College (PCC) before the Fall 1991 semester will not be accepted for upper-level credit.
Graduation Requirements – BASSM Degree
- • Complete 120 credit hours in courses outlined for the degree
- • Maintain an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher in all general education courses required for the degree
- • Maintain a minimum grade-point average of 2.25 overall in all courses included in the Common Professional Component (CPC)
- • Maintain minimum grade point average of 2.5 in all courses listed in the area of concentration
- • Complete a minimum of 32 credit hours at WVU Parkersburg, 24 of which must be upper division (numbered 300 and above) targeted business courses
- • Students pursuing both the BASBA and BSBA degrees must complete all course requirements for each degree to be eligible to earn a second bachelor’s degree
- • Complete an application for graduation, pay the graduation fee and submit the application to the Registrar’s Office before the stated deadline
Click here to access course descriptions for all business courses. (Catalog 2017-18)