|West Virginia University at Parkersburg|
|About the College||Current Students||Prospective Students||Veterans||High School Students||Faculty / Staff||Workforce & Community Education||Alumni / Friends||Search the Site|
WVU Parkersburg's Bell and Seal
|Cast in 1902 by the Meneely Bell
Company of Troy NY, this is the original bell from the Emerson
Avenue school building where the Parkersburg Branch of West Virginia
University was established in the fall of 1961. A number of
years ago, the bell was discovered in a campus storage area and
restored to its original condition.
The bell is used at campus ceremonies, including Commencement and other events. It resides in the main campus hallway near the President's Office.
A graphic depiction of the bell is also a component of the college's official seal.