Information on the Presidential Candidate Finalists
To review each candidate, please visit the link below.
Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014
Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2014
Thursday, Dec. 4, 2014
Monday, Dec. 8
Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014
Presidential Profile and Application Process
Posted 8/29/14 Application Deadline 5 p.m. 9/26/14
- A complete application must include a letter of introduction that describes the candidate’s strengths in relation to the qualifications listed above; a resume or CV; and the names, titles, email addresses and telephone numbers of five references.
- The application period begins with the publication of this announcement.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is September 26, 2014 by 5:00 pm.
- The application packet should be sent electronically to the following address:
Ms. Patsy Bee
Executive Assistant to the Presidential Search, West Virginia University – Parkersburg
Each applicant will receive a package from Human Resources containing several employment-related forms which must be returned directly to Human Resources in order to complete the application process.
Hockaday-Hartford Consulting, LLC is serving as the search consultant to the Board of Governors. They may be reached at 919-656-0076 or moc.liamgnull@yajdroftrah.
Presidential Search Committee Members
Presidential Search Committee Meeting Minutes 8/26/14
Presidential Search Committee Meeting Agenda 10/8/14
Presidential Search Committee Meeting Minutes 10/8/14
Presidential Search Committee Meeting Agenda 11/12/14
Presidential Search Committee Meeting Minutes 11/12/14
Presidential Search Timeline
- Place ad in publications August 29 for September 12
- Position closes September 26
- First screen, candidates identified September 29
- Top 20 candidates posted on web October 3
- Committee meets October 8 – Screen to semi-finalists
- Semi-finalists notified October 9
- Videos and initial reference checks October 9 – 28
- Videos posted By November 1
- View videos November 1 – 11
- Committee meets November 12 - Screens to finalists
- Board meets November 12 - Accepts finalists
- Finalists’ interviews Nov. 15 – Dec. 8
- President Appointed December 10
About the College
- College Bell
- College Snapshot
- Directions to Campus
- FAQs about WVU Relationship
- Strategic Plan 2015-2020
West Virginia University at Parkersburg is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin in admission, employment, educational programs or activities; nor does it discriminate on the basis of genetic information in employment or employee health benefits. Further, faculty, staff, students, and applicants are protected from retaliation for filing complaints or assisting in an investigation of discrimination. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Debbie Richards, Special Assistant to the President, 304-424-8201, WVU Parkersburg, 300 Campus Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26104.