Strategic planning is a critical component in achieving the institution’s vision. For nearly a year, a Strategic Planning Task Force gathered and synthesized information for the
- development of the college’s five-year Strategic Plan. The task force:
- interviewed internal (faculty, staff, students, WVU Parkersburg Board of Governors’ members, etc.) and external (mayors, business leaders, legislators, county commissioners, etc.) stakeholders
- developed concept papers based on the interview input
- reviewed its findings with the Institutional Effectiveness Council to create a shared future vision
- presented its recommendations to theWVU Parkersburg Board of Governors
- which endorsed the Strategic Plan goals
The 2010-15 Strategic Plan will serve as the institutional platform for a collaborative effort to develop, align and position short- and long-term strategies and operational plans which shape and guide fulfillment of the Plan’s goals and objectives in an outcome-driven process.
Strategic Planning Task Force Members
Bob D’Avria, Facilitator
West Virginia University at Parkersburg will be…
Goal: An Exceptional Place to Learn
- To establish multiple means by which faculty and staff remain current in their areas of assignment (discipline, field), uses of technology, and modes of instruction.
- To provide support for learners to achieve their educational goals.
- To integrate course content, civic engagement, and workforce experiences for the personal and professional development of the students.
- Ensure that programs of study prepare students for the work place.
- To provide learning opportunities that are flexible and accessible to meet student needs.
Goal: An Exceptional Place to Work
- Ensure effective communications.
- Develop opportunities for recognition and appreciation of employees.
- Create an environment conducive to job satisfaction.
Goal: An Exceptional Community Resource Partner
- Develop, maintain, and nurture strategic partnerships.
- Identify, build, and support internal and external alliances.
- Establish opportunity for student engagement in the community.
- Raise community awareness of partnerships and relationships.
- Clarify, communicate, and build understanding and acceptance of our identity, who we are, and what we can offer to the community.