West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg is the region’s premier college recognized for quality education, commitment to student empowerment, workforce collaboration, and community involvement.
The faculty, staff and administration of West Virginia University at Parkersburg individually and collectively hold the responsibility of providing educational and cultural opportunities in the college’s service community, based upon the following principles:
- Education holds a central position in the creation, development, and nurturing of a society.
- Education should be constantly cognizant of the fact that all persons are individuals of worth and are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Education functions under the realization that equal opportunity to access and to benefit from teaching and learning must be afforded to all persons.
- Education provides the opportunity for all citizens in a democratic society to explore, to discover, and to develop their special aptitudes and interests.
- Education holds as a sacred trust its responsibility to assist persons in their quest for a fulfilling life and for responsible citizenship in a world characterized by change.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin in admission, employment, educational programs or activities; nor does it discriminate on the basis of genetic information in employment or employee health benefits. Further, faculty, staff, students, and applicants are protected from retaliation for filing complaints or assisting in an investigation of discrimination. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Debbie Richards, Special Assistant to the President, 304-424-8201, WVU Parkersburg, 300 Campus Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26104.