West Virginia University at Parkersburg provides accessible, life-changing educational opportunities in a safe and supportive environment.
- Career Pathways from Certificate to Baccalaureate
- Global Studies
- Workplace Experience
- Civic Engagement
- Leadership Studies
WVU Parkersburg will be the regional college of choice as a student-centered, accessible learning community, dedicated to excellence in teaching and service, guided by shared values and principles, and committed to exceeding student and workforce development expectations.
The faculty, staff and administration of West Virginia University at Parkersburg individually and collectively hold the responsibility of providing educational and cultural opportunities in the college’s service community, based upon the following principles:
- Education holds a central position in the creation, development, and nurturing of a society.
- Education should be constantly cognizant of the fact that all persons are individuals of worth and are entitled to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Education functions under the realization that equal opportunity to access and to benefit from teaching and learning must be afforded to all persons.
- Education provides the opportunity for all citizens in a democratic society to explore, to discover, and to develop their special aptitudes and interests.
- Education holds as a sacred trust its responsibility to assist persons in their quest for a fulfilling life and for responsible citizenship in a world characterized by change.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. WVU at Parkersburg does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, color, or national origin in the administration of any of its educational programs, activities, or with respect to admission or employment. Further, faculty, staff, students, and applicants are protected from retaliation for filing complaints or assisting in an investigation under the WVU at Parkersburg Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan. Inquiries regarding Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Section 504, or Title IX may be directed to Debbie Richards, Special Assistant to the President for Policy and Social Justice, 304-424-8201, WVU Parkersburg, 300 Campus Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26104.