WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY AT PARKERSBURG FOUNDATION
Study-Abroad Scholarship 2011
Type of Program
- Course work shall not exceed the maximum of one
- Course work must relate to the applicant’s major
- Course work should be general in nature with emphasis
on long-term career benefits
- Students wishing to participate in a program other
than one offered by WVU-P must provide the scholarship committee with full
program information. (i.e. itinerary and cost) so as to determine program
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit
hours or more) at the time of application.
- Must be a second-year student (26 or more completed
- Must have cumulative grade point average of 3.20 or
higher based on GPA and credit hours of the previously completed semester.
- If the student is participating in a WVUP Study Abroad
program, the student must enroll in and complete the Study Abroad
- Selection will be made by the Study Abroad Scholarship
Committee of West Virginia University at Parkersburg.
- Students must demonstrate financial need based on
Federal methodology or extenuating circumstances.
- Preference is given to individuals who have never
before traveled internationally
- Attach an official copy of your college transcript(s)
with this application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation. (One letter
must be from a WVU-P professor in your major area of study.)
- All application materials must be submitted to
Assistant Dean Christine Post by 4:00 p.m. March 4, 2011. They may be
submitted via campus mail or electronically to Christine.email@example.com.
- Number of scholarships and amount awarded will be
determined by the WVU-P Study Abroad Scholarship Committee.
- Student will be responsible to contribute
approximately 20% of trip cost or possibly more, depending on total cost of
- Student will be expected to participate in public
relations events as requested by the Coordinator of International Education
and Travel, the Director of Institutional Advancement, or the WVU at
Lawrence-Berrey Study-Abroad Scholarship
City ________________________________ State __________________ Zip
Home Telephone No. ________________________ E-mail ___________________________
Date of Birth _______________________ Student ID No.
Have you traveled abroad? __________ If yes, list countries
Program of interest:
Please attach a personal interest letter to
this application. The letter should discuss the following:
1. How will the
program listed above enhance your course of study upon your return?
2. Describe how
the program will benefit your long-range career goals.
3. What do you
believe are the major benefits of the study-abroad program?
4. Are there any
special circumstances that should be considered with your application?
5. I have read
and understood all the conditions and qualifications of the proposed scholarship
as detailed on Page 1 of this scholarship application.
6. By signing
below, I give my permission to the Financial Aid Office to share information
with the Scholarship Committee regarding my
financial need status.