Bulgaria 2011Study Abroad Scholarship
Type of Program
1. The scholarship will pay $1000 to help defray expenses of WVU Parkersburg’s Bulgaria 2011 Program.
1. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
2. Must have completed at least 12 college-level credit hours at the time of application.
3. Must have applied to and been accepted into the Bulgaria program.
WVU PARKERSBURG STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
City ________________________________ State __________________ Zip _____________
Home Telephone No. ________________________ E-mail ___________________________
Date of Birth _______________________ Student ID No. _________________
Have you traveled abroad? __________ If yes, list countries visited:
Do you speak a language other than English? _________
If yes, which language(s)? ___________________
What is your level of fluency: conversational ( ) Reading ( )
Course of interest: ( ) HIST 397 ( ) ENVR 310
Please attach a 300-500-word essay to this application. The letter should discuss the following:
1. How will the Bulgaria study abroad program enhance your course of study upon your return?
2. Describe how the program will benefit your long-range goals.
3. What do you hope to gain by studying abroad?
4. Are there any special circumstances that should be considered with your application?
5. I have read and understood all the conditions and qualifications of the proposed scholarship as detailed on Page 1 of this scholarship application.
Student Signature Date