March 10, 2005
President Gnage reported that the Community College System Compact and the Mid- Ohio Valley Community College Consortium Compact have both been submitted to the Central Office.
Objectives for the 1st and 2nd Year Include:
· Plan and begin to offer a professional development program for adjunct faculty at both the main campus and the Jackson County Center.
· Improve workspaces in the faculty “banana” wing.
· Begin with inauguration to create opportunities for celebration and social interaction.
· Develop enrollment management plan by fall 2005 and use strategies from Compacts in the plan.
· Begin data collection for recruitment this year.
· Develop Honors Program (Dean of Academic Affairs will work with in President on this initiative.)
· Offer online registration.
· Develop Technology Plan.
· Purchase and implement Web for Faculty module of Banner.
· Construct an updated telephone and fiber optic utility service entrance and distribution closet which provides an environmentally controlled home for the primary communications switching and routing devices has been completed.
· Install the last of the fiber optic data lines to the hub serving the Activities Center area, bringing high speed service to that part of the campus and completing the 100% fiber optic data transmission capability.
· Develop Facilities Master Plan by fall, 2005.
· Develop programs for students faculty and staff in the area of social responsibility and civility.
· Develop Safety Plan.
· Collaborate with WVU Morgantown to provide assistance with interior design and landscaping.
· Hire grant writer - pursue grant opportunities.
· Implement Foundation Annual Fund drive.
· Identify resources for implementing strategic plan objectives.
· Work on partnerships – need to do things with Business and Industry and report on current relationships.
List will be finalized and sent to Planning Council members.
Patsy J. Bee
Executive Secretary to the President