Criteria Regarding Campus Telecommunications
Long Distance Direct Access will be available:
- Based on position/responsibility (Dean, Director, Division Chair, Senior Administrators)
- Based on need to contact students—one line per office (Advising Center, Learning Center)
- In offices with operations that extend beyond 5:00 p.m., and open before 8 a.m.
- At desks in offices where functions require continuous access, including campus safety considerations.
External/Internal Phone Extension Assignment
- External (direct dial) extensions will be assigned on a limited basis and be related to position/responsibility/function.
Phone Instrument Assignment
- Generally, analog (single-line) phones will be assigned to faculty and digital (multi-line) phone instruments will be assigned to staff and administrators
- Anything that may be considered offensive to faculty, staff, students, campus visitors or is not considered professional collegiate décor should not be displayed in college offices, classrooms, or any other college/state spaces.
- Any changes/renovations/decorations of a space that alters the appearance are considered defacement of college/state property and a penalty of requiring payment for remedy will be applied.
- Electrical devices brought from home, or purchased as college property, must be tagged indicating approved as safe for use and necessary to college operations by the Facilities and Grounds Department. Requests for inspection should be made via college work order system.
- No obstructions in windows.
- Persons/offices notified that they are not in compliance with standards will have a maximum of 10 working days to correct the problem.
- All spaces must meet fire inspection standards. Clutter should be kept to a minimum.
- All spaces must be kept free of items/materials that contribute to concern of health safety and may attract vermin or produce unpleasant odors.
Home | Faculty/Staff Directory | Office Directory | On-Line Directory | Contacts | Course Schedules | E-Mail | Search | Web Site Index | WVU